I am pissed off at "specs on the beach" company

Newark, New Jersey 3 comments

Specs on the beach is one of the worst companies I had to deal with.If you guys spot an offer from 'Living social' or 'groupon' for a specs on the beach voucher don't buy it, this is not a reliable company , I had the worst experience with them.

I ordered a Rayban sunglasses and used the voucher from 'living social. I paid the difference which was $25.00 and they lured me to believe that was all they were charging my credit card. It took them over 30 days to ship the glasses. When I realized they had charged me full price for the glasses I called them.

I spoke with this lady who is supposedly the manager, she was very rude, hung up the phone, claimed to had never heard about the voucher and said that I had 30 days to return the glasses starting from the day I ordered. If it took them more than a month to ship the glasses to me, how can I have only 30 days to return it? The receipt doesn't say anything about any return policy. Bottom line I ended up paying $ 185.00 for a pair of sunglasses that I can order from Its manufacturer at a more reasonable price.

I am so upset with this company and it aggravates me so much when these people try to rip me out of my money. I am reporting them to the 'Better business bureau' and I am calling my bank to get my money back.

Have you heard that something is ' too good to be true'?Well it was.

Review about: Sunglasses.

Comments

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #588422

I work for Specs on the Beach, and I have to say that customer rants such as this aren't fair to companies at all.Yes, leaving reviews is a great way to have your voice heard, however, it is only right to be honest about the experience you had.

The owner of the company has outlined exactly what occurred with "princesskeu's" order in the reply below. We are not a company trying to scam people out of their money with fake or misleading vouchers, and we try to make the regulations of the voucher as clear as possible, stating that Ray-Bans, Oakleys, etc are not valid with the voucher. I've found that sometimes people just read what they want to read. And then they get mad at us when they don't get a $130.00 pair of designer sunglasses for free.

She's right, It really is too good to be true, simply because no one can eat that cost. Especially a small business like ours.

I wish people would update their reviews, or better yet, delete them when they are as untruthful as this. This review is the third or fourth page to come up in a google search for "specs on the beach" , and is not a fair representation of our company in my opinion.

It honestly makes me sad when I see untruthful and vindictive reviews such as this. I love my job, the company, and the owners and I take it a little personal when I read a review like this.

I can't help it!: )

So tired of reading *** consumers rants. Please validate responses as this is not useful and seems like a vindictive customer.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #582515

We welcome customer feedback and work to ensure customer satisfaction, however,when customers post lies, we like to add the facts:

We offer a voucher for $20 that gives our customers $120 off hundreds of sunglasses on our site, including Gucci, Tom Ford, Armani & Custom sunglasses, and excludes Ray-Ban, Oakley, and other National brands. This customer purchased the voucher without reading the details of the offer. It would be impossible for a company to stay in business by selling $145 Ray-Bans for $25.

We were contacted by her over 30 days after we had shipped her the Ray-Bans, demanding a refund of $120.

When this customer selected a Ray-Ban and checked out, she did not entered any voucher number in the coupon code. If she had, there would be a message that says Ray-bans are not included in the promotion.

A copy of the order for $145 was emailed immediately when she placed her order. This email also included our return policy.

We received the order Monday morning and it was shipped 3 days later.

The order was delivered on October 1st,

We provided her with the tracking information that verified that her glasses were received within a week of shipping.

We have shipped 20,000+ sunglasses in the past year so we are not a fly-by-night company. It is unfortunate when customers misunderstand the voucher or do not notice that they had not entered a voucher and that the price was the same retail price without discount. Our Website only accepts what is entered into it.

We did offer to refund $40 to the customer, $20 for the voucher and an additional $20 , which she accepted.

We don't want to sell something to a customer that they don't want. Our customer service department can answer any question customers may have before placing an order.